Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fall Things


  • Brooklyn Book Festival: I'd actually intended to go last year , but I believe I was stuck in the suck hole that is Bay Ridge and waiting for someone to come with me. This year I might just go it alone. The line up includes poet Staceyann Chin, Hip writer John Leland, comedian Michael Ian Black and Reverend Run (no explanation needed). All of the events are free and take place Sunday September 16,2007.


  • New Yorker Festival: I've been scouring the internet for details about the line up. So far I've found conversations with Steve Carrell, Steve Martin and Bill nighy, performers Fiona Apple, Yo La Tengo and Sigur Ros (via appetizer); Sasha Frere-Jones giving a talk about Hip Hop (via music slut); and couplings of authors Miranda July and AM Homes, Salman Rushdie and Orhan Pamuk, and Martin Amis and Norman Mailer (via galleycat). The line up is always great and exciting AND they'll usually screen a few of the fall movies. The official line up will be on newstands September 10th. (I also missed this last year because I waited to long to get tickets you either have to purchase it the day tickets go on sale [September 15th] or buy them on craigslist, where you may or may not get lucky.)


  • NY Mag Fall Preview: I'm pretty sure you don't have to link to big sights like this since everyone in New york is checking them or reading the mag anyway but that won't stop me. But NY Mag fall preivew is always a good place to find some interesting going ons in the city once the weather starts to cool down. I'm particularly excited about the Kara Walker exhibit at the Whitney, but check out their list for a run down of all thats fun and exciting when its below 60 degrees.

Thats all I got.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home