Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Writing: My Elusive Short Story.

Having been thinking about the things I want this next year and trying to set a few goals for writing since it seems that I've always wrote and never done anything with it, I had a revelation. I kept thinking how I'd like to write more short stories and submit more in the next coming year, but what I realized this morning is that my short story tools are rusty. Though I have completed some pieces of short fiction over the past year I hardly remember reading any collections of short stories save one (not including the ones I hadn't completed). If the key to learning the art of writing is reading, then the key to learning the art of short stories is obvious.

Ah, why is it that epiphanies are often so obvious after we have them?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home