Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I signed up for Gum Drop...

...from Stereo Gum. Usually they're lumped in with the other email lists I'm on and treated as spam (after I look for the download that is) but this one had a quote from Jesy Fortino (Tiny Vipers) that I found personally relevant. Especially now that I’m combing through journals in order to find poetry to post to my new site.

I keep journals. Sometimes I pick up a journal from a year or two ago and the pages are typically full of crap that doesn't matter anymore; lists of things I need to get done, trivial situations that upset me, things I'm worried about. But if I think back, in my mind, to the time period those entries were written, I come to images and feelings that those entries do not depict ... You never know what you'll take from the present ... Some people say that we each have a purpose in life that is often hidden from us.
PS. I really, really like her songs too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home