Friday, November 23, 2007

Screw the iphone, I want a Kindle

I'm usually on the fence about converting to new technology. When I made the change from cassettes to cd's and video tapes to dvd's it was rather reluctantly. (But come on, just one small scratch and you've wasted twenty dollars). I've stuck next to my little LG phone for years before I've even thought of upgrading. (Why would I need a camera on my phone? isn't that why I have a camera?)

But I'm dropping my crazy old cat lady shtick for the Kindle. One the one hand of course there is the fear always looming that books are becoming obsolete. I can't say I really believe that'll happen anytime soon. I don't think that we should avoid embracing technology because of fear (Unless that technology involves humanoid robots). Plus my right shoulder is probably going to be damaged when I get older from carrying all those books.

Alright...thats enough post holiday writing for me. If this is a tad bit choppy its because I still haven't really recovered from my Thanksgiving of drinking and debauchery. (Oh if Thanksgiving could be like this every year).

*Update: there is alot of uproar about the Kindle in regards to bloggers having there content sold and not being paid for it. The dialog on Edrants is pretty interesting. Check it out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Oux said...

nice blog!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Oux said...

what do you think of kindle? http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/03/ebooks-kindle-digital-tech-personaltech-cx_ag_1203ebooks.html

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer Jenkins said...

oh. my. god. i NEED/WANT/GOTTA HAVE that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home