Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to Normal Blogging?

It seems that I’ve fallen off my usually sporadic horse, with Thanksgiving putting me three ours out of my regular time zone, and the food induced comatose causing less desire to write than usual. The best part of the weekend was getting out of New York for a while. As any New Yorker will tell you, the best part of living in the mercurial city is going away and then remembering why you live in such a self obsessed, money crazed place anyway.

Getting away always reminds me that there are people in the world who are...normal. At least more normal than anyone I’ve met here. There are women who weigh more than a hundred and twenty pounds (and aren’t on a constant diet), men who don’t wear women’s jeans, and places where hipsters don’t exist. Basically a place where my appearance did not necessarily define my intelligence or social status. I missed it so much I wanted to cry; came back, waited twenty minutes in an angry crowd at the airport for my bag with three girls carrying pocket sized dogs, and instantly wanted to leave again. It’s like that.

I’ll get back on the horse. I’m sure the media world has provided me with enough lube to get those blogging wheels turning again. Hopefully all of you were too full of turkey to notice anyway.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger ben said...

i can relate to that. New York is like living on television all day long.

city people are generally more refreshing, while scenery outside the city is generally more rejuvenating, so i can't decide.

some of these 'normal' people could certainly use some more experience under their belt....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home