Thursday, March 13, 2008

A lot can change in a year.

Its been exactly one year today since I packed an overnight bag and moved on with my life. A lot can change even in a day. I had no idea what I was giving up, but I didn't know what I stood to gain either.

It puts things in perspective. How many of the people that I know will I still speak to in a year? Which of the things that feel immediate and important are still going to matter?

"Reality is flowing. This does not mean that everything moves, changes, becomes. Science and common experience tell us that. It means that movement, change, becoming is everything that there is. There is nothing else; everything is movement, is change. The time that we ordinarily think about is not real time, but a picture of space."
- Henri-Louis Bergson

(If this post lacks coherence or eloquence its because its seven am in the morning and I've been up since four....there are so many things I wanted to write between the bed and the screen that aren't really translating into real coherent thoughts)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger dqerwin said...

funny, isn't it, how we measure our lives against the past? Sometimes I try to measure mine against the future, but I end up looking like a madman.
Of course I'll bring you something - but it will never be as good as what you've already got.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home